Chemtrol Chemical Controllers – The Universal Remote for Your Pool Equipment Room
Water treatment for commercial swimming pools and spas requires a complex combination of physical and chemical processes, such as chemical treatment, filtration, pumping, heating and water replacement. To properly manage these processes and chemistry and water level of a pool, engineering and pool equipment rooms are often filled with specialized meters, pumps, filters, and units—each doing specialized, individual work. Often, many of these machines will come from different manufacturers and are controlled independently of each other. Taking readings and ensuring all equipment works in-tandem and efficiently can take hours. With Chemtrol PC Programmable and Digital Controllers from Santa Barbara Control Systems, this process can become so much easier. Chemtrol controllers will work with any chemical feeders, filters, pumps, and units on the market work.
Think of the controller as the thermostat in the wall: everything is tied together with the controller acting as the “brain.”
Chemtrol controller can be programmed to hold the chemical feed when makeup water is being added until all the new water is integrated in. This kind of system automation and control allows the operator to supervise all processes and functions of the equipment room at a glance and to quickly respond to any changing condition. All operating functions can be easily modified from the keypad, including sensor calibration, control set points, alarm levels and the programs for super chlorination and sequential backwashing.
Chemical automation makes it possible to maintain clean and safe swimming pool water at all times with a significant reduction in the cost of pool chemicals, maintenance and repairs. Chemtrol chemical controllers facilitate the efficient automation, control, and monitoring of your pools chemicals through different functions such as Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) as well Shock treatments and super chlorination, which can be initiated manually or under programmable weekly or multi-weekly schedules.
There are six different models of Chemtrol controllers that can be purchased from Recreonics—all operate as the “brain” of any equipment room but come with levels of capability to meet any facility’s specific needs. When purchasing your Chemtrol controller, you and your engineering team will need to consider exactly what equipment and units you will need monitored and what functions you would like your controller to perform.
- Chemtrol PC 6000 has the largest number of functions including the incorporation of automated control of water chemistry and filtration with a choice of backwash programs for single or multiple filters, sensor cell assembly with flow switch, as well as control and monitoring of ORP, pH, PPM. It also monitors filter pressures and features, the pool heating system, the main pump, and the water level.
- Chemtrol PC 5000 includes chemical automation, but has the following features: ORP, PPM and pH sensors, temperature control, bypass line assembly, probe rinse, and remote alarm.
- Chemtrol PC 3000 is very similar to the Chemtrol PC 5000, except it does not include a PPM sensor.
- Chemtrol PC 2100 only controls chemical automation with ORP and pH sensors.
- Chemtrol 250 ORP-pH controller automatically maintains both sanitizer ORP and water pH. The 250 cannot be used with salt water pools.
- Chemtrol 255 PPM-pH controller can be adapted to work with a salt water pool upon request. The 255 is also a long-awaited breakthrough in automated water treatment for free chlorine. Chemtol’s proprietary new PPM sensor is a solid-state sensor with a selective membrane that provides direct readings of free chlorine in concentrations of 0.1 to 10 ppm (parts per million) or mg/l (milligrams per liter).
Chemtrol controllers 205 and 255 function similarly to the Chemtrol PC 2100, but do not feature internet capabilities and must be controlled and programmed from the unit itself.
All Chemtrol PC controllers feature a Langelier saturation index and automatic data logging through internet or Ethernet communication capabilities.
With these communications options, all equipment can be monitored by remote computer, tablet, or phone with the Chemtrol app, which has both an Apple and an Android compatible version. There is also a voice telephone option, which includes status reports, operational controls and automatic alert calls with voice message to up to six different phone numbers. This allows real-time supervision by management and remote troubleshooting by any Chemtrol qualified dealer or from the factory.
Chemtrol comes from Santa Barbara Control Systems, a leader in chemical automation since 1976. Santa Barbara Control offers free training seminars on how to most efficiently use their chemical controllers as well as toll-free technical support. With over 20,000 controllers installed worldwide, Chemtrol chemical controllers are a top-of-the-line, trusted system for swimming pool chemical automation and pool equipment room management.